Tengu: God of Mischief - Subway Skating
THE SHEET IS MADE OUT OF WOOD TOO
Wendell Castle, Ghost Clock. 1985
THAT IS MAHOGANY
That’s one of my favorite exhibits at the Renwick, I love bringing friends there and just walking through and letting them ignore it and then going like EXCUSE ME DID YOU NOT NOTICE THIS WORK OF ART
On Sep 13, 1944, a princess from India lay dead at Dachau concentration camp. She had been tortured by the Nazis, then shot in the head. Her name was Noor Inayat Khan. The Germans knew her only as Nora Baker, a British spy who had gone into occupied France using the code name Madeline. She carried her transmitter from safe house to safe house with the Gestapo trailing her, providing communications for her Resistance unit.
Oh my God, yes. Let’s talk about Noor Inayat Khan.
- Wireless operators in France had a life expectancy of six weeks. Noor was actively transmitting for over three times as long.
- While she was in France, every other wireless operator in her network was slowly picked off until she was the last radio link between London and Paris. It was “the most dangerous and important post in France”.
- She was offered a way back to Britain and refused.
- In fact, in her transmissions to London, she once said that she was having the time of her life, and thanked them for giving her the opportunity to do this.
- She was captured by the Gestapo, but never gave up: she made three attempt escapes. One involved asking to take a bath, insisting on being allowed to close the door to preserve her modesty, and then clambering onto the roof of the Gestapo HQ in Paris.
- Her last word before being shot was, “Liberté!”
The term BAMF was coined for such persons.
Her entire life, and her mother’s life as well, are FASCINATING. A Royal, Muslim, Anglo-Indian woman in WWII… Could we have a sweeping FACTUAL movie please. Like now?
Yet another story I would like to read.
You guys! There IS A MOVIE!
Enemy of the Reich: The Noor Inayat Khan Story
I hope you don’t have friends who recommend Ayn Rand to you. The fiction of Ayn Rand is as low as you can get re fiction. I hope you picked it up off the floor of the subway and threw it in the nearest garbage pail. She makes Mickey Spillane look like Dostoevsky.
Not only them. Everyone was in this (UK spies were there as was Belgium..). Some even where in the house where the murder happened. The next President/Prime Minister of Congo where involved in that. Such a disgusting thing. And then some wonders why African countries aren’t where they should be? We have no choice. We are fucked no mater what by our previous “owners”, the FMI, the big companies, rich families….do people even know that the world is owned by only 147 companies with the majority belonging to less than 100 or even 50 families? Ugh.
“In December 2013, while most people were celebrating “peace on earth, good will toward men,” the U.S. State Department admitted that President Eisenhower authorized the murder of Congo’s first democratically-elected Prime Minister, Patrice Lumumba. CIA Chief, Allan Dulles, allocated $100,000 to accomplish the act. Lumumba’s murder has been called the most important assassination of an African in the 20th Century. How do U.S. citizens make up for this to the Congolese people and to Lumumba’s family?”
Although I do not believe this is the fault of the average United States citizens, I do know that we are not taught about the real reasons why Africa is in the condition it is in.
Anti-Fifa Graffiti In Brazil:
Brazilians are angry. Their government for is spending millions of dollars on an eight-week, World Cup event. They are angry that the money is desperately needed for education, sanitisation, hospitals and the eradication of violence, drugs and weapons from their streets.
"F*** FIFA" graffiti is appearing all over the city and just goes to show what the residents really think of the international sporting extravagance. Powerful.
Lady Buckjumpers annual coming out the door at their annual parade featuring Rebirth Brass Band and Grand Marshall Shalanda Goffner. Song: “What Are We Gonna Do About It? (We Gon Blow Em Out!)